Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

Hi Glenda thank you for you help may I ask I also have a signed

Customer Question

Hi Glenda thank you for you help may I ask I also have a signed print by Stanley baldock signed and a signed oil painting by Betty Holmes are these of any value please
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 3 years ago.

Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

Can you send me pictures of these?

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value! .

Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,

."Please use the upload options Click the link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert on the page to send me pictures.

If you are unable to do so for any reason, send an email with the pictures attached to customer service at [email protected] and include the following, " JACUSTOMER-2fh666n3 ," my question page is

( http://www.justanswer.co.uk/antiques/8jkm5-hi-glenda-thank-help-may-ask-signed.html?mode=qa&rpt=3500), and I am unable to get my pictures uploaded to my Pro. I request that you provide me with instructions on how to do this in the future AND also forward these attached pictures to the Pro directly on my behalf." My Pro is Glenda B "

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Janet

Are the two oils by the same artist?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Glenda hi

The landscape is David A James

The cottage painting is Betty Holmes

The print is Stanley baldock

Janet

We normally do one item per question but, since you submitted these I will go ahead and do the three of them for you. Can you tell me what size these are?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The ***** ***** is 16 x 12

The Betty Holmes is 32 x13.5

The Stanley baldock is 15 x 9.5

The measurements are in inches

Thanks for this

Janet

One more question two are oils on canvas and one is a print correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

***** ***** oil on canvas

Betty holmes oil on board

Stanley baldock print

Janet

Thank you, ***** ***** do a bit of research to see what I can find for values on each of these for you.

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Glenda

You are very welcome.

Smile

Hello Janet.

Here are the current selling values on your art work, this is what the artist's work has sold for over the past twelve months, for insurance ( cost replacement ) the values would be 45-50% higher.

.

***** ***** oil on canvas framed - £167.00 - 175.00

.

Betty Holmes oil on board framed- £ 225.00- 300.00

Stan Baldock print framed - £150.00-175.00,

.

If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.

You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.

If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question

Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively following this response.

Thank you so much!

Glenda

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Glenda hi

Thank you so much for your research and valuation

The David James I bought for 1 pound from the car boot

The Betty Holmes from a charity shop for 5

The Stanley from a charity shop for 3

So I am buzzing x

I was made redundant last month so this is even more thrilling

I may continue to look for more.........there will be no stopping me now

Cheers x

Jan

Janet

Thank you, hope they sell well for you in the area you are in! You might consider listing them on the internet if your economy is not good locally! Mine is not good at all here so I would have to sell on the internet so I could get better prices! At least with what you paid you have a nice room to bargain if need be.

Good luck and Happy Shopping

Glenda