Appraiser Alan AOA C
Appraiser Alan AOA C, Certified & Licensed
Experience:  Hello, my name's Alan! I'm a 14 year Appraiser with AOA appraisers, ISA & IRS Qualified, and 5 year Certified & Licensed Insurance Adjuster with 30+ Years Collecting & Dealing.
53896401

Can anyone tell me what this is Chinese concentric puzzle Ba

Customer Question

Can anyone tell me what this is

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That's okay i found out what it was on google so can you just close the question

Expert:  Appraiser Alan AOA C replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your patience while I conducted my research and prepared your answer.

Searching auction house records and library databases provided recent sales results of qualified market comparable items. Using these I was able to determine the average market value minimum and maximum for you.

These recent completed sales gave your Chinese concentric puzzle a current market value of $85 - $200.
As always, the price you are able to sell for may vary depending on venue, condition, market variances, and more.

I would recommend a starting asking price of $260so that you can reduce if necessary since Market Value represents what someone was willing to pay for an asset, not the amount it was offered for. Please let me know if you would like Insurance value as well.

To get more information (and to possibly sell this piece if desired) I would recommend that you get in contact with an auction house that I have had many dealings with in the past.

I.M. Chait is a very reputable auctioneer of Antique Asian items as well as things such as Art, Ivory, and rare items of any kind. I believe he will be able to help you with more information and possible sale. Please see his website Chait.com. You will need to send him pictures as well as descriptions to [email protected]. Make sure you ask for an auction estimate. Do not request an appraisal.

Please let me know if this is the information you were looking for and reply with any questions now or any time in the future. If you are satisfied, please let me know by rating my answer for my compensation and to close out the question. Thank you kindly.

I try to always provide Excellent Service, so if you have any other items, just say Hello Alan at the beginning of your new question. Thank you again!

Sincerely,

Appraiser Alan

Online Appraisal Answer Disclaimer