Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a Royal doulton teapot commemorative. It is dated AD

I have a Royal doulton teapot commemorative. It is dated AD 1902. It's got a silver rim round the top which apparently makes it more rare. It is in mint condition.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Still waiting for valuation

Expert:  Doris replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.

I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.

Along with that experience, I also rely on an extensive personal library of reference books plus access to the results from major auction houses.

I realize you have been waiting for an answer. We are very busy with many questions right now. I have been asked to help you which I will be pleased to do.
My former shop specialized in British antiques.

Please give me a few minutes to research the latest values and I will return ASAP.

Kind regards,
Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 3 years ago.
I have completed my research.

A commemorative piece from 1902 celebrates the coronation of Queen Alexandra and King Edward VII.
As you surmised, with its silver rim, your Royal Doulton teapot has greater value than similar teapots of that same year.

My research indicates a retail/insurance value of $450-500 for your commemorative Royal Doulton teapot.

This is the value range one would expect to pay in a shop.

A private seller can expect about 50-60% of that range if he/she sells it to a shop.

I hope this helps you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest values in a timely manner.

If you would like for me to answer your future questions, you must put my name - DORIS - at the first of the question for the question to be assured of getting to me.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you. Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty with photos or current values – both are beyond my control.

Kind regards,

Doris “Dfm925”

Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.