Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an old book dated 31st Jan 1898 as a presentation to

I have an old book dated 31st Jan 1898 as a presentation to a student
The book is a Red Hardback - titled - 'THE ARABIAN NIGHTS' inside cover title 'The Thousand and One Nights' commonly called 'THE ARABIAN NIGHTS ENTERTAINMENT'
Translated from the Arabic by Edward William Lane and printed in London by BLISS, LANE AND FOSTER -***** Strand, WC.
The print is very small, the 1001 stories in the 502 pages are very gory and hard going
Could it be of any value
Fred Polley
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 3 years ago.
Hello Mr. Polley,
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
On today’s market your late 19th century rendition of the Arabian Nights that was published by Bliss, Lane and Foster has a high retail value of $35 or 20.50GBP.
Feel free if you have further questions about your book.
Please only leave feedback when you feel satisfied your question has been answered.
Our conversation will continue as long as you please, even after a rating is left.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mr. Polley~

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, use the specific ask for expert function and please add "For Nora" or "Hi Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.

The only items I do not assess for value are clocks, coins, watches, sewing machines, swords and firearms.

Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nora - Thank you for your valuation, I did not expect the book to be valued that high. I have had it now for over 50 and it has been sitting on the bookshelf gathering dust. I do not think I have read

thank you for your expertise

Sincerely

Fred Polley