Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner, Appraisals Corproration
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a vase with the markings of a capital G with a E inside

I have a vase with the markings of a capital G with a E inside the G could you please give me an idea of the maker & is there any value to the vase
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.

I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.

Along with that experience, I also rely on an extensive personal library of reference books plus access to the results from major auction houses.

I will be pleased to try to help you.

Does your mark look like this?

gEG

If not, please send me a photo of the mark.

These are the ways to send me photos:

You may use this method:

Go to www.imgur.com

click on Computer

Select the picture file from the box that pops up.

Hit open.

Click on Start Upload

And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.

OR,

Photobucket.com works about the same way as Imgur.com

OR,

You can use the paper clip icon at the top of your “reply” box to insert your photos directly into your “reply” box.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

I look forward to seeing your photos.

Kind regards,

Doris

Philip,
I also need the size of the vase and, if possible, a photo of the vase.

Best,
Doris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello doris sorry for the delay in response yes the markings you posted are correct the vase itself is 8" high;-4" diameter top & bottom & narrows in at the centre it is also ribbed down it`s height it also has two circular impressions at the lower part from the centre sorry unable to send you a picture as camera not working hope this description will suffice

Philip,
I will need to research current values.
I will be back soon.

Best,
Doris

Philip,
Your vase was made by Purbeck Pottery, Ltd., previously known as Poole Pottery, based in Dorset, UK. The company dates from 1965 and is still in operation.

My research indicates the retail value of your vase to be $75-90 assuming good condition.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of that range.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest values in a timely manner.

If you would like for me to answer your future questions, you must put my name - DORIS - at the first of the question for the question to be assured of getting to me.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you. Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values – all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site’s rating system.

Kind regards, Doris “Dfm925”

Please note: If you are sent a follow-up survey, please answer favorably. This impacts my job.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for your efforts (much appreciated)Laughing

LaughingYou are welcome, Philip.
You may have to juggle the system a bit to rate me positive. Some have had trouble with the system lately.
Doris
Philip,

I hope I have helped you.

Kind regards,

Doris “Dfm925”

Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.