Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have a noritake tea set from 1912 comprising of 12 saucers,

Customer Question

I have a noritake tea set from 1912 comprising of 12 saucers, 12 cups, 12 side plates, 2 sandwich plates, milk jug and sugar bowl. It has been in storage for 50 years and is immaculate, Is it worth anything. Brian
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.

I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.

Along with that experience, I also rely on an extensive personal library of reference books plus access to the results from major auction houses.

I will be pleased to help you.

Brian, yes your set is worth "something." Let me check my databases and I will give you a value range.

I should return in about 20 minutes.

Kind regards,

Doris

Expert:  Doris replied 3 years ago.
Brian,
My experience and research indicate the following retail store value ranges for your large , early Noritake tea set. Much depends on complexity and beauty of the pattern.

Cup/saucer set - each set - $50-70
Side plate - each - $105-130
Sandwich plate -each - $175-200
Creamer and Sugar set - both together - $110-150.

You will need to multiply the cup/saucer set by 12, the side plate by 12 and the sandwich plate by 2.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail store values.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest values in a timely manner.

If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you. All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you. Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

Kind regards,

Doris

Please note: If you are sent a follow-up survey, please answer favorably. This impacts my job.