Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Hello, I am studying Horology at BCU in Birmingham

Customer Question

Hello, I am studying Horology at BCU in Birmingham and I am having trouble identifying a maker. The stamp is A 'C' in a half moon shape around a 'B'. The trouble I am finding is I am not sure if this is read CB or BC. any thoughts?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** am a verified expert and will be working with you today.
Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. My wife found the mark on the internet which led her to Badische Urhenfabrik. I looked in the school library and found that they were one of the Black Forest manufacturers from 1890 and by 1921 they had 170 workers in China and 760 in Germany making 2700 clocks per day. I no longer need your services. As I am a first year student having served 1 month in class, I question your expert status.

Regards,

Matthew XXXXXXXXX

Expert:  Wayne replied 2 years ago.
Part of being an expert is not guessing who made it, how old it is, the quality of the clock, and the market value. You have a very distinct advantage, you and your professor were able to see it.
Wayne