Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

i have a set of 1895 encyclopiadias just wondered what they

i have a set of 1895 encyclopiadias just wondered what they are worth
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.

Can you tell me who produced this? And the publishers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ime not really sure, on the front page it says . edward lloyd, limited 12 salisbury square, fleet street london ec. maybe you can tell me where to look/

Heather

It should say who made them like Brittanica or Funk n Wagnalls?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it doesnt say, or at least i cant find it, but in the back there is a signature whick looks like ... wmly blatas. sorry i cant seem to help you

Heather

Can you tell me what is says on the spine of the book and the inside of the cover on the first page?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the sine says, lloyds,encyclopaedic dictionary. v c l il CABL-DEST

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ON THE INSIDE PAGE IT SAYS, lloyds ecylcopaedic dictionary a new and originalwork of referenceto the words in the english language with a full accountof their origin, meaning, prununciation, and use, with numerous illustrations. vol11 CAB-DEST. EDWARDLLOYD, LIMITED. 12 salisburysquare, fleet street, london, ec (all rights reserved). 1895.

Hi Heather

I found what you have, can you tell me how many volumes you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

7 volumes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have 7 volumes

Hello Heather,
.
To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails.
.
The Lloyds Encyclopaedic Dictionary. v c l il CABL-DEST 7 Voume set has an estimated value on the secondary retail market for an of average of 288.294 -320.00 GBP depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in a Vintage Book Store or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As Antique Books, bare subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!

Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda