Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Nora, I wonder if you could help please. I have two figurines

Customer Question

Hi Nora,
I wonder if you could help please. I have two figurines (Boy & Girl) in 18C costume. I'm unable to identify them. The only identification is this mark -http://www.marksandlibrary.com/marks/ceramics/mark-75430_arrow-circle
I look forward to your reply.
Leigh
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Leigh,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

I know your mark. Let me research current values to give you an accurate answer.

Kind regards,

Doris
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.

Your mark is that of a Dresden, Germany, area decorating studio and dates 1860s-1880s.

Your German figurines dressed in 18thC clothing have a retail antiques store value range of $3800-4200 assuming good condition.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest values in a timely manner.

If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you. All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you. Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control. Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

Kind regards.

Doris

Please note if you are sent a follow-up survey, please answer favorably. This impacts my job.

Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for the positive rating. If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “Doris” at the first of the question.

Thank you again.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

"Doris"

Dear Doris,

Thank you for your reply. A further question ......

Was your valuation per individual figurine or was it as a pair.

I've attached photos.

LeighDresden Figurines

Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.
Leigh,
The value given was for the pair.

KInd regards,

Doris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Doris,

Thank you for your response.

Leigh

Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome.

Doris