Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

i am the owner of a milk jug flag w h 3037.with the word:bedouin

hi i am the owner of a milk jug flag w h 3037.with the word:bedouin on it.could you tell me the value?th costin
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi i can t send the photo.there is no starting point.

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There,
Thank you for the images.
Would it all be possible to provide a more clear, in-focus image of the maker mark on the underside. I am really not able to discern much from the picture provided, and seeing the mark is an important clue to assessing what you have.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the image.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your patience.
The maker mark is for Walker & Hall from the UK.
The mark used on yours with the upturn to the end of the flag is an early Walker & Hall mark used from 1860 - 1910. There should be small marks under the flag that are date ciphers, but I cannot see them in the photo to make the cipher match. They were done in Greek letters.
The 3037 is the pattern name.
The engraved 'Bedouin' likely indicates where this was from, usually a hotel or ship.
On todays' market, this can sell for $100 - $200.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid by the company when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi i am happy with the answer,but to offer you an excelent calificative could you provide me a buyer?th costin