Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a silver spoon and pusher given to me baptism

Customer Question

I have a silver spoon and pusher given to me for my baptism in 1947 - I'm having trouble identifying the hallmarks although they are quite clear. It has the lion for sterling silver, a crown and the date letter C. I can't find a crown in my book of hallmarks.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,
My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
Can you send over a photo of the maker's marking?
There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:
UPLOAD:
The link below will direct you through our upload process
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
EMAIL:
You can also email pictures to***@******.*** with ATTNCustomerin the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.
Thank you for your time,
Frank
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will attempt to send over a photo - I forgot to mention that the initials CWF are also there - presumably a maker's mark.

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ann,
Thanks for getting back to me.
I look forward to those photos,
Frank