Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have recently bought a large, silver Russian coin, 50 mm

Customer Question

I have recently bought a large, silver Russian coin, 50 mm in diameter, dated 1763 with a portrait of what looks like Catherine the great on one side and a portrait of the Madonna and child on the reverse, illuminated. Its very heavy, any idea what coin this is as Im struggling to find it listed, also its in very nice condition and seems genuine with nice tone and wear, any idea of value etc? thanks for help, regards Dickie
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Dickie,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please close the question if possible? thanks,Dickie

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal, if you could find an expert to answer my question that would be excellent, many thanks, Dickie.

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send clear in-focus images of each side of this.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora