Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have an apostle spoon

i have an apostle spoon that has a staff and no hat and has a Q and lion mark....can you tell me what this is please

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,
My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
Do you have any photos of the spoon as well as the hallmark you may be able to send?
There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:
UPLOAD:
The link below will direct you through our upload process
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
EMAIL:
You can also email pictures to***@******.*** with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.
Thank you for your time,
Frank
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have sent them by email i hope you can access them as i struggled to send them. they would not upload trying to send them this way.. thankyou

rachel

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rachel,
Thanks for sending over those photos.
Your antique Apostle spoon was produced in London in 1891. Unfortunately the maker's marking is unable to read (the first marking from the left in the photo) so it's tough to tell who exactly made it.
The Apostle spoons were very common around the turn of the 20th century and there were a range of makers's in the world producing these at the time.
In excellent condition your antique sterling silver Apostle spoon would have a retail value of 30-40GBP.
If there are any dents or dings in the silver, this would detract from the resale value.
I hope this information was helpful to you today Rachel.
Best of luck with your antique sterling silver spoon.
Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.
Thank You,
Frank
Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.