Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have in my possession my grandfather's thank you card signed

I have in my possession my grandfather's thank you card signed B L Montgomery dated 1945. My grandfather Major George Lobban was made freeman of Eitorf, Spiegburg in Germany and I have the prestigious documentation with speech, and UK newspaper report from 1945. He was presented with seven wooden hand painted plaques with the caricature of him in his kilt doing all the many tasks relating to the building of a war-ravaged region.
Is the signed card of any value?
Y Miller
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Y Miller,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still waiting for an answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Nora here again. Please send images of the card at your convenience. ~Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi~ Thank you for the images here. World War II memorabilia is just on the rise now. On today’s market your card signed by Bernard Law Montgomery congratulating and thanking the members of the 21 Army Group sells for $50 - $200. I would hold onto this for longer as the value does have potential to rise. Current suggested insurance or replacement value is $300. Here is a link for you to a matching one that sold for $67: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/field-marshal-bl-montgomery-1st-1621903391 Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating. If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know! Your question will NOT close after you leave rating. Sincerely,Nora
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017