Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Beswick pig ornament which has CH.WALL QUEEN 40 painted

I have a Beswick pig ornament which has CH.WALL QUEEN 40 painted underneath next to the Beswick England mark - please can you tell me anything about this?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
I would love to help you with this piece. It will help me greatly if you could add a photo of the piece and a photo of the makrs on the bottom.
You can add a picture by using the paper clip icon in the text box where you reply back.
I will get an email as soon as you send photos and I will get to work on it for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not been able to attach my photos here - perhaps I could just email them to you directly instead??

Sorry about this!!!

Gill

Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
The pictures are here and showing up perfectly. I will get to work on this piece and get back to you in a bit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ah well - I am obviously better at this IT stuff than I thought!

Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Gill,
This is a champion sow designed by Arthur Geddington for Beswick China England between 1950-1990. The name of the figurine is Champion Wall Queen 40th (pattern no 1452a) and the companion piece is the boar that is named Champion Boy 53rd. This pig has a value of 40.00-60.00 us dollars.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That is fascinating - thank you so much!