Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

In 1999 I bought a lovely blue bowl in Samarang Market

Customer Question

In 1999 I bought a lovely blue bowl in Samarang Market (Java, Indonesia). The story I was told was that it had come off a 17th Century Chinese wreck off coast of Java, that had just been located by divers. When I bought it, it had some marine encrustations on it. I am wondering whether it has any value? Ivar XXXXXXXX PS How do I send you the pictures I have taken?

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Ivan,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried to use your system to attach my photos of my bowl, but no success. Can I have your email so I can send the pictures direct?

Sincerely *****

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ivar,
You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.
~Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Nora

I have sent the pictures to you as you suggest. The bowl measures 14cm in diameter and is 7cm high.

I hope you can advise me Regards, Ivar

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ivar,
Thank you for the heads-up on emailing images.
I will certainly let you know when they have arrived to me.
In the meantime, be on the look-out for a confirmation email from customer service confirming they have received your images and will forward to me.
Sincerely,
Nora