Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I am a New Zealander with a Palissy Royal Worcester Spode

I am a New Zealander with a Palissy Royal Worcester Spode Charles and Diana Commemorate plate with a gold number stamped on back 13-1. The plate itself is in extremely good condition, as has never been displayed. It has a box. Unfortunately, the plastic cover for top of box is buggared (like a shirtbox top), but the rest of the box is fine. How much would it be worth, and would I have a better chance of selling it through a UK site than our local Trade Me? Probably really needs to be on a website where there are real Royalty enthusiasts out there. Your advice will be appreciated.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
If there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nora

Please find attached photos.

Stefany

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nora

Please find attached photos.

Stefany

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stefany,
Thank you for your patience and for the images.
Your vintage 1981 commemorative plate in original box for the marriage of Prince Charles to Diana Spencer that was produced by Palissey, a subsidiary owned by Royal Worcester has a suggested insurance or replacement value of $80AUD on today's market. If you were to sell this on your own, expect to garner a high of $40AUD - $60AUD. The best venue would be under the Royal Memorabilia category on Ebay.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stefany~
Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.
I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
When you post a new question, please add "For Nora" or "Hi Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.
The only items I do not assess for value are clocks, coins, watches, sewing machines, swords and firearms.
Sincerely,
Nora