Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I've just been through my vast book collection and have come

Customer Question

I've just been through my vast book collection and have come across a first edition. Science of being by Eugene Fersen.
It's printed in 1923 by JF Tapley New York, the print is drown and gold on Ivory India bible paper. There are illustrations by Malcolm Thurburn.
I can proved pictures etc and its in a fairly good condition. I'd like to know any history associated to this very odd book, it's value and the best route to market. I've seem very similar examples selling the in the states for in-excess of £1000
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
These books on following Universal Law are very popular now due to the top-selling recent book "The Secret" which began a re-surgence of interest in this topic.
Here is a link for you that has similar examples to your edition printed in 1923 by Tapley that are being offered for $3000 - $3600 USD on today's retail market. There is also a brief history and information written by the sellers in their descriptions:
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=Eugene+Fersen&bi=0&bx=off&ds=30&recentlyadded=all&sortby=1&tn=Science+of+being
If interested in selling, I can suggest rare and antique book auction houses to contact.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Matthew,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

If you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here, I would really appreciate it.

Our conversation will continue as long as you please, even after a rating is left.

~Nora