Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

Perfume/scent ,bottle French 25 mm tall gold embossed shoulder

Perfume/scent ,bottle French 25 mm tall gold embossed shoulder with hand painted butterfly in gold, white Daisy's with gold stems cranberry coloured / lilac bottle clear at top more colour to lower base ,no 59 etched to base and stopper.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Glenda,
Thank you for choosing us for your Appraisal needs.
.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !

Click the link: for instructions on uploading images

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.

.
.
.
.
.

This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.

http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...

.

Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".

.

In the body of the message put , your user name and name.

.

Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are.

.

Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.

Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't find any links to upload photograph .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to send photo on my iPad with no success please help

You will need to send it in an email then.

In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Glendale I done it yay
You emailed it?

Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I emailed it , this bottle I believe came from an English house maid in t the 20s as a gift from her employer whilst employed as child care in France
And given to me over 30 years ago she was 90 years old approx
ok, thank you so much, I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
I received the pictures thank you. The Perfume is reported to be made in France mid 40-to early 50's. The exact maker is unknown this is hand painted with 24kt Gold Paint ( paint that had been infused with gold dust then heated on. )

Are you wanting the current market value for this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your work on the perfume bottle ,yes a current market value
Would be good,
I plan to give the bottle to my grand daughter on her twenty first birth day,
Her name is ***** ***** is ten years now,
I think she will love it,
Thanks again

That will be such a nice gift.
.

The French Perfume Bottle, hand painted Gold, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $175.00-225.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. For insurance purposes ( cost replacement ) the value would be 45-50% higher. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities.
.
If you did plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!

Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.
.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.
.
Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively.
.
You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.