Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a possible character jug. It has no marks is a seated

Customer Question

I have a possible character jug. It has no marks is a seated figure with crossed legs and the arms appear to act as handles, he is holding a pipe in his right hand his coat is deep blue trimmed with rough white china with black dots. Orange,green and white striped trousers. He has a lid in the shape of a pointed orange hat with a rolled striped brim and he has a thin mustache. We call him Old King Cole.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Hello,Please add an eye-level view photo of the jug on a counter using the paper clip icon in this text box so I can get a visual idea of what you have.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry I am unable to supply you with a picture as I am an old lady not very good at using this modern technology! And no one to help me.

Any thing else I can do?

Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
There were so many companies that made these, both English and American, that it is impossible to assess without a photo of the object.