Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an oil painting by Josef Geirnaert and would like some

Customer Question

I have an oil painting by Josef Geirnaert and would like some idea of the value. The painting is of an inn scene with what is thought to be the landlord dancing with a woman (might be his wife) and they are surrounded by peasants playing cards and one is playing the fiddle and a little dog is prancing about with the dancers. What is thought to be the artist himself is portrayed in the middle of picture sketching the scene. By looking at the picture carefully there are at least 11 or 12 people in the picture and there is a woman in the background at a cooking range. Sunlight is pouring through the window behind the artist. His signature is on the edge of a little wooden stool in the bottom right hand corner.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
What is the size?
At your convenience, please send photos.
A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora