Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a egg warmer by Dixon,it is marked DIXON with a banner

I have a egg warmer by Dixon,it is marked DIXON with a banner and bugle next to it,underneath is 1 064,below that is a 5pointed star and under that 40oz ,alos scratched onabove the stamp is 81907
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer, My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Your Dixon and Sons antique silver-plated egg warmer would have been produced in the late 19th to very early 20th century(1890-1910) in Sheffield. In excellent condition your antique silver-plated egg warmer would have a retail antique shop value of roughly 70-85GBP. If you were to attempt to sell the piece yourself, a fair market or resale value would be closer to 45-55GBP assuming the egg warmer is in good shape overall. Any dents, dings, missing silverplate, or deep scratching would detract from the resale value of the antique egg warmer.
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
I hope this information was helpful to you today.Best of luck with your antique egg warmer .Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.Thank You,FrankPlease let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.