Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Please can you give me any idea of value of the following nine

Please can you give me any idea of value of the following nine books? All are in poor condition. They have come down to me through the family.
The Young Man's Best Companion. Date (hand-written on inside cover)1782
An Account of the Constitution abd Present State of Great Britain etc. Hand-written date on fly-leaf 1809, but latest date mentioned in body of work is 1758.
A Collection of Psalms, Hymns, and Anthems. Printed date 1819
Holy Bible (Douay version). Printed date 1853
Geography for Children. Printed date 1806
Pilgrims Progress. Hand-written date 1828
An Abridgement of the History of the Great Plague in London. Printed date 1824
The Whole Duty of Man. Printed date 1803
??History of the Bible?? (title page missing) ?late 18th C?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question, however I only assess one book or matching book set per question here.
Please choose one and In order to ascertain the value, I will need to know the full title, author, publisher name and year inside the volume.
I look forward to reading back from you with the information.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Whole Duty of Man,

author H Hammond 1657,

this edition published 1803

by Fand C Rivington booksellers to The Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thank you for the additional information. Please allow me some time to assess this for you. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Keith~
Thank you for your patience.
On today’s market, your 1803 later edition book entitled “The Whole Duty of Man , Laid Down in a Plain and Familiar Way, for the Use of All, But Especially the Meanest Reader.Necessary for All Families with Private Devotions for Several Occasions” by H. Hammond, originally printed in 1657 and here published in the 19th century by F and C Rivington would sell for a high average of $100 - $150 at retail. (65GBP - 98GBP or 90 euro -135euro)
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi Keith~
Thank you for the positive rating.
I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
When you post a new question, please add "For Nora" or "Hi Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.
The only items I do not assess for value are clocks, coins, watches, sewing machines, swords and firearms.
Sincerely,
Nora