Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a first edition of 'A tribute to Ballet' 1938 poems

I have a first edition of 'A tribute to Ballet' 1938 poems by John Masefield with Illastrations by Edward Seago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Can you give me the publishers name of your edition? Also can you go into any further detail of the overall condition of the book?Thank you,Frank
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear *****.

Many thanks. I've investigated further and now have an answer. the condition of the book is generally good. No pages missing or torn. the spine is intact. The cover is slightly faded. publishers name is ***** ***** edition 1938.

I have a value of about £35,00.

So, I don't think it will alter that much.

Many thanks.

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning,Thank you very much for getting back to me with that information. When dealing with antiquarian or collectible books, condition plays a major role in the resale value. Collectors are looking for top quality issues with the least amount of damage. Soiling, staining, binding damage, cover damage, or torn pages would result in a drop in value.Taking the condition into account your evaluation of 35GBP would be accurate for a resale value of the First Edition book in Good Overall condition. If there book were in excellent condition you would be closer to the 50-60GBP range.
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
I hope this information was helpful to you today.Best of luck with your first edition of A True Ballet.Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.Thank You,FrankPlease let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.