Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a 2 very large pictures by j farquharson 1 which is

Customer Question

I have a 2 very large pictures by j farquharson 1 which is sleeping sheep and the other is leaving the hills both of which have been in the family for years, I was wondering if they were of much value ?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. What is the size? At your convenience, please send photos. A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Im just going to quickly measure them

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
No rush, take your time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Both are 42 inches x 31 inches

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. Both are 42 inches x 31

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I took the pictures but havnt worked out how to send them yet .

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi, You can try emailing your images to***@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email. Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My screen shows you sent a response though I do not see one here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I sent pictures via email

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jane,
Thank you for the heads-up on emailing images.
I will certainly let you know when they have arrived to me.
In the meantime, be on the look-out for a confirmation email from customer service confirming they have received your images and will forward to me.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had confirmatio earlier on today

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jane~
I received your images and thank you for your patience.
You have a pair of antique circa 1900 framed photogravure prints of paintings by Scottish artist Joseph Farquharson (4 May 1846 – 15 April 1935).
A photogravure print is a printing process that uses a camera. It captures the likeness of a painting in full detail and they are usually in a sepia (brown) tone or black and white.
Here is a link for you on a short bio about the artist:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Farquharson
Here is a link for you on the photogravure printing process:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photogravure
On today’s market, expect to garner $400 - $600 for each picture, or $800 - $1200 for the pair.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora