Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Painting by H collier 1887 wayside cottages

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~ My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. What is the size? At your convenience, please send photos. A complete image of the artwork including frame both front and back (do not remove from frame), a clear in-focus close-up of the signature, and a close-up of the surface so I can see the texture will be ideal. When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range. There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing on your board, then follow the steps on this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here. Sincerely, Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The size of the painting is approximately 15" wide by 8" high. It belonged to my father-in-law but how he came to own it I have no idea. He always thought it could make him a fortune one day, then it passed to me. Recently curiosity has taken hold. It would be nice if it was true!!!!!
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you. ~Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks I await your result with baited breath!
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi There~
Thank you for your patience.
This is an original antique watercolor.
It is signed, titled and dated ‘Wayside Cottages, H. Collier, 1887’
There are no listed artists with the first initial of the first name being “H” and last name Collier. An unlisted artist means one that does not sell at auction for fine art investment purposes.
Values for original works by unlisted artists are based on comparables of age, medium, size, condition, and mastery.
On today’s market, the suggested insurance or replacement value for this is $350.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So who do you think would wast it.
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
There is not a specific list of names of possible buyers.
If interested in selling this, there are several ways to sell your item. You can go through a local antique shop or local auction houses. Pawn shops are good for an outright cash sale.
A shop takes in inventory to sell for a profit, so they will offer you a percentage of the price at which they may be able to sell to a willing buyer someday.
An auction house will take a percentage of whatever the end sale price may be.
Another option would be to list your items on Craigslist yourself at a fair price. Craigs is free and they do not take a fee, so that is where you will make the most out of the end price. I do suggest, that if a buyer contacts you through Craigs, that you meet them at an agreed upon location - I do not recommend letting a stranger meet you at your home.
Online auction options would be Ebay, Etsy & Amazon. Though bear in mind, those options involve packing and shipping.
Sincerely,
Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi~
Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.
I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
When you post a new question, please add "For Nora" or "Hi Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.
The only items I do not assess for value are clocks, coins, watches, sewing machines, swords and firearms.
Sincerely,
Nora