Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Title. Marmion, A Tale of flodden field by Sir ***** *****.

Title. Marmion, A Tale of flodden field by Sir ***** *****. This is an illustrated edition. london charles tilt, Fleet sytree. mdcccxxx1x.
I
llustrations are by....JMW Turner, GF Robson,AW Calcott,C Stanfield plus others.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Thank you for all the information.I researched various editions of your book before I decided to answer.The early editions printed in Edinburgh can sell for as much as $1000. Unfortunately, yours is not one of those.It was printed in London some 30 years later.Your edition printed in London by Charles Tilt of Fleet Street and illustrated by various artists including Turner, Robison, etc. is listed as having a retail antiques store value of $80.I wish I had better news for you but this is what my extensive research found.A private seller to a dealer can expect 40-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.If you would like to work with me on future questions, I would be pleased to work with you.All you have to do is put my name (Doris) at the beginning of your question.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.Kind regards.Doris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello Doris.

Thank you for your very prompt and lucid information, I shan't be making my fortune with this book then ?????. nevertheless it was nice to find out a little of the history of the book. I actually bought it at a garage sale in Sacramento whilst visiting my son in 1982.

I shall certainly ask for you when next I need information,

Yours Faithfully

Jean Hepworth.

P.S. I think I understand the rating system.

Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.
Your response did show up here for some reason. Just Answer is trying out a new system.Still. I could see your response in my email.Thank you.Kind regards,Doris