Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

My wife has just acquired a pair of green glass chandeliers

Customer Question

My wife has just acquired a pair of green glass chandeliers with glass domes and on wooden plinths from her 92 year old Mum's property as she was promised them by her Grandma when she was a child - some 55 years ago!!
I wonder if they could be dated and valued just in case we need to insure?
I am happy to let you have a photograph.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 2 years ago.
It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!.Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,.If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !Click the link: for instructions on uploading images http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert. Or you may use this method:.Go to www.imgur.com.click on Computer.Select the picture file from the box that pops up..Hit open..Click on Start Upload.And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here......This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them....Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me. ..Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques"..In the body of the message put , your user name and name..Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with... Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me. Glenda
Hello William
I recieved the picture thank you. These are Antique Lusters with Prisms, Victorian Era, they are Mantle Lamps. Can you look to see if they have any markings on them? They may be marked on the bottom or along an edge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well at least we now know what they are!!
We cannot see any markings - sorry. Any idea as to likely value??
Hello,.To view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. you cannot respond or send messages to the expert via emails..The Antique Lusters, Mantle Lamps, Victorian Era, Bohemian Glass, Hand Painted, have an estimated value on the current market for an average of $800.00-950.00 per pair, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country. Larger Metropolitan Areas bring higher prices then Smaller Cities..If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. .You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! Keep in mind if you sell to a dealer or antique or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.. If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job.. If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.. Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively..You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! .. Thank you so much! Glenda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Glenda for the information provided. No we are not sellers as my wife has just brought them from her Mother's house as she is now in a Care home and we are having to sell her home to help pay for the fees.We were merely interested to ascertain what they were and a potential value to help with a decision re Insurance. I think they will be covered by my Contents cover.
We appreciate your advices.
William & ***** *****
HelloYes, they should be. They are very nice!.If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question..Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively..You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! ..Thank you so much!Glenda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Glenda, I have been pleased to rate your service. I have received a survey / questionairre to complete but they say I was helped by Dianne P not Yourself so I am not responding.
Do you have any input as my email back to them has been returned undelivered!!
Thank you for your help and I think the £20 I paid is sufficient as in the UK we are not good tippers, different to the U.S.A.
Hello I am not sure what you mean, I think you mean you got an email about the question being answered. I assume the expert 's name who popped up when you asked the question is the one you got an email about. Those pop ups are not correct. If the expert is not working then their name goes away and the question goes out on the board for anyone to answer. Which was me of course. The emailed survey is different then rating me for answering your question. There should be a button for you to click following this response, that says " Rate your Expert " or Rate your Answer, or something like that, you can pick one of the top stars or faces, whatever you see. This is how I am rated on this answer, this is how I am compensated from the justanswer site for doing an answer. It is not by an email survey. I know nothing of a tip! I assume that is something you saw. Please let me know if you have the button to click rating my answer following this answer, if it is not there I will need to check into this. Glenda