ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

Silver items marked with EP but with the 'club' sign in

Silver items marked with EP BM but with the 'club' sign in centre with stars in each section.What can you tell me about these please.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. E P B M a generic mark for Electro Plated Britannia Metal used together or inside maker's mark. BARKER BROTHERS The firm used a "Three Stars into a Shamrock" figural trade mark. This firm was in Birmigham. Below is a little history of the company. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike..If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer " OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you... BARKER BROSBARKER BROTHERS SILVERSMITHS LTDBARKER ELLIS SILVER COBirminghamFirm established in Birmingham in 1801 by Mary Barker. The business was continued by her son William Barker in partnership with Creed under the style Barker & Creed. In 1885 the firm traded under the style Barker Brothers at Unity Works, Paradise Street, Birmingham as a partnership of Herbert Edward Barker and Matthias Barker.In 1903 they moved to new factory premises, Unity Works, Constitution Hill, Birmingham.In 1907 the firm was converted into a limited liability company under the style Barker Brothers Silversmiths Ltd and in the 1960s, merging with Ellis & Co (Birmingham) Ltd, the firm changed to Barker Ellis Silver Co Ltd.