Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2019
71377891

I have a book, published in 1880 by Longman, Green, Longman

I have a book, published in 1880 by Longman, Green, Longman and Roberts. by A.C. Ramsay - The Old Gaciers of Switzerland and North Wales. Printed by Spottiswoode and Co. New Street Square. Condition is used but good. It has a lovely unmarked frontespiece of the Pass of Llanberis. All pages are there including the Map. On the spine it is printed The Ancient Glaciers of North Wales, but inside it says The Old Glaciers of Switzerland and North Wales. Could you give me a ball park figuer please?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
I just need to confirm with you that your book states it was published in 1880 and not 1860? The first edition came out in 1860.
~Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry it does actually say 1860 below the Longman Green Longman and Robers name.

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gill,
Thank you for checking.
On today's market, your 1860 Longman, Green, Longman, and Roberts book entitled "The Old Glaciers of Switzerland and North Wales" by A.C. Ramsay with intact map has a high retail sale value of $200 - $300.
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Nora, that is a nice surprise.Smile

Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gill,
My pleasure to be of help to you here.
In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here, I would really appreciate it.
This question thread will not close after a rating is left.
~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 2 years ago.
Hi Gill~
Thanks you for the positive rating.
I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
When you post a new question, please add "For Nora" or "Hi Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you.
The only items I do not assess for value are clocks, coins, watches, sewing machines, swords and firearms.
Sincerely,
Nora