Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a small silver pot, perhaps better described as a goblet

I have a small silver pot, perhaps better described as a goblet about 6.5cm tall. It has 2 hall marks: 1. the number '95' and 2. a picture of an owl. Please can you tell me about its origin.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi There~
My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question.
At your convenience, please send photos. A full image with the design and a clear, in-focus close-up of the mark would be ideal.
When taking a clear close-up try using the macro function on your camera. It looks like a small flower icon. This will allow sharper focus at a closer-range.
When evaluating an item, photos are essential to helping me come to a correct assessment.
There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
I look forward to seeing the images. If you are unable to send photos right away, that is fine – there is not a time limit here.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My camera on my mobile is not taking a very clear image. I will get a friend to help me at the beginning of next week and be in touch again soon after. Thanks.

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
That is fine - send over images at your convenience.
If I do not respond immediately, it is because I am not at my computer. Please rest assured that I will attend to your postings as soon as I am signed back in again.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nora

I attach 3 photos of the silver pot and await your comments. Many thanks.

Attachment: 2015-08-18_223403_3_silver_pot_p.zip

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi~
Thank you for the images.
The mark 95 stands for this being made of pewter.
The owl mark is for the Italian maker, Marinoni.
Marinoni has been creating pewter table objects for just over 30 years now.
This is a 21st century drinks tumbler based on a 17th century goblet design.
Here is a link for you to the retail catalog entry for this on the Marinoni website, where it sells for 36 Euro:
http://www.peltro.com/bicchiere-in-peltro-con-greca-cm-6.html
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who are only paid when you leave a favorable rating.
If you are having trouble finding the rating button, please let me know!
Your question will NOT close after you leave rating.
Sincerely,
Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks Nora. Now I know it is not valuable I will continue to use it as a holder for nail scissors, file, tweezers and the like.

I have left a rating and am now closing the enquiry.