ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

I have acquired through the family some metal spoons and wish

I have acquired through the family some metal spoons and wish to know if they are of any use to someone and a possible value. They have various markings as varied as WB & Co, EPNS, and Burma Silver eyewitness. I can email a collective image of them.
Stephen Alderson
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stephen, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. The flatware that you have is all silver plated not solid silver. Below is the meaning of the marks you have. If you can you can send or post some pictures of the spoons you have and I can give you a value on them. Below is what they are currently selling for to give you an idea of the value of the Burma Silver eyewitness. Thanks Mike..If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer " OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you...TWO Serving SpoonsBURMA SILVER - eye Witness8 " Long - £8.99..NEEDHAM, VEALL & TYZACKSheffieldActive at Eye Witness Works, Milton St (1889-1925), Nimrod Works, Eldon St (1889-1905), Glamorgan Works, Pond St and Pyramid Works, Reed St and Ceylon Works, Thomas St, Sheffield (1905-1925).The firm was converted into a "Ltd" in 1897. The firm used the trade marks WITNESS, BURMA SILVER, EYE WITNESS, ONWARD, BON.ACCORD, HUNTER, ISONIT, PRADA. The trademark belongs to Taylors of Sheffield who took over the trademark in the 1920s..EPNS - means “electroplated nickel silver”...WB & Co - means William Briggs & Co. - Sheffield 1875 - 1922
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Spoons

Hi, Thanks for the picture. The 2 tongs - £15.00 to £20.00 each, The 3 ladles - £9.99 each, the rest of the 9 spoons has a retail value of £38.00 to £48.00. Thanks Mike..If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer " OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike,

I assume you mean in total for the 9 spoons...

I am particularly interested in the Indian Swastika spoon, the Egyptian looking one, and the Burma inscribed one if you can help a bit further thank you I have to go out now so will get back to you probably tomorrow.

Stephen

Hi Stephen, Yes the 9 spoons but the one with the Indian Swastika the Swastika means good luck but it looks like a figure dancing the 3 spoons are the bulk of the value at around £9.99 each. Thanks Mike..If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer " OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Hi Stephen, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your flatware? Thanks Mike