ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

I have a foley China tea set but I don't know anything

Hello I have a foley China tea set but I don't know anything about it ,can you help it is white China with a gold rim and a light blue pattern around the top of the cup and plates .it is a rectangular pattern drawn onan box design with four blue squares in the middle of the open rectangle the small blue squares in the middle have small leaf shaped bits , the under side has the logo ,anoval withEB.Co inside and the number 0410 under the mark. Any ideas
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes the tea set was made by E. Brain & Co. Ltd., Foley Works, Fenton, Staffordshire, around 1948-1963. The numbers 0410 are reference to the pattern. E. Brain & Co. Ltd started in 1850. The sets usually were comprised of 10 plates, cups and saucers and two cake plates. Thanks Mike..If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswerfor helping you.
Experience: Antique Dealer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mike have you any idea what the pattern is called ? Or where I can find more information about it . is it worth me trying to sell it or not .we have 6 plates cups and saucers and one sandwich plate I believethe .its rather plain in comparison to some I've seen!

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, The pattern I do not know the name they have both with name or number in your case the pattern is 0410. The average value for a trio which is a plate a cup & saucer depending on condition ranges from $39.99 - $50.00 per trio in US dollars. Yes some of the Foley patterns were really fancy just the tea pots can go for 100's of dollars. You can go to Replacements.com for more information if you like I went by the companies history. I found one auction results on the set of 0410 which I mentioned above. Thanks Mike..If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswerfor helping you.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Fiona, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your tea set? Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have looked on the web site you mentioned but the pattern number does not feature there .i can't find it .i wold love to know more about the date ,as I think I remember my mother saying the set belonged to her mother ,which would make it older than 1945 /63 .do you have any other sites I could look at .does the 0410 give any clues to it age ? Is there a site I can go to where i can learn little more .

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Fiona, If you can post a picture of the mark I can check the dates for you. The 3 marks I posted were used from 1930 to 1945. Thanks Mike
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Fiona, Here is the 3rd picture. Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Morning Mike thank you for the pictures of the marks .the mark on the tea set is the first one with the number0410 written under the made in England.if I were to sell it ,could you recommend a good site to look at to see what to price it at and how to market it ,bearing in mind I am in England that may be a bit tricky! Anyway any advice welcome .it seems a shame to pack it all away in a box again. Thank you Fi .

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Fiona, Well you can look on Ebay UK, Etsy.com, when at these sites in the search bar just type in Foley china this will give you an idea of what you can price your set at. Most of the listings will be for 1 cup & saucer that will be the best way to get maximum value. Thanks Mike
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.