Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I would like to know the value of a dolls tea service that

I would like to know the value of a dolls tea service that was given to my mum in 1943 by her friend who had come from back from Far East can you tell me where to start thank you Jane Hayward
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Please add a photo of the set and any marks on the bottom of one piece. You can do this by using the paper clip icon or the ADD FILES button. These features work best on a desktop computer. (please do not use a flash and back up a bit to get clear pics of the marks)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

marking on bottom of cupteapotfull tea service

Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Hello,This is a 1940 Japanese lustre ware toy tea set that originally came in a fitted box. These sets were made by many different companies and rather mass produced in different lustre glazes, so there is no one company that is more valuable than another (Takito, Seiei, Nippon, etc). The value of this set is $35.00 us dollars.Please do click the stars to rate and to close the question.