Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a signed oil (550mm x 380mm) by Ginette Rapp, entitled

Customer Question

I have a signed oil (550mm x 380mm) by Ginette Rapp, entitled Finistere. The painting also has an Arthur Lenars & Co label with the reference AGY/77 londy.
Should I insure this picture separately from my household contents and if so, for how much?
Kind regards,
Ray Bevan
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.
Hello,PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. DO NOT RATE, WHEN INFO IS BEING GATHERED.!.xPlease Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal..xTo view the answer, you will need to be logged into the web site from your computer. The Ginette Rapp, Painting entitled Finistere, has an insurance value on the current market for £750 – £800, depending on the condition. .x If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. .xYou can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item..x If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job..x If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question..x Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively..xYou do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know..x Thank you so much! Glenda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks Glenda .... you'll get a very smiley face!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Glenda for your advice you'll get a very smiley face

HelloThank you so much, I did not realize they were still using smiley faces! Hope you have a great day and up coming weekend. Glenda