ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

I have several old books, which include : Awful disclosures

Customer Question

I have several old books, which include :
Awful disclosures of Maria Monk,with picture of the confessional inside, dark reddish coloured outer with title in gold. The pages are yellowing, and i can't find a date on it.
Also have The National Encyclopedia, which consists of 13 volumes, with a brown leather looking outer, with gold writing,and cost twelve shilling each,the pages are in pretty good condition, and print by William Mackenzie, 69 Ludgate Hill.
Then I have The romance of nature, which is covered in blue, and edited be Francis Pitt, and I have four volumes, pages are in good nick.
Last of all is four volumes of the world of children, green covering with children and glibe etched on front, pages are yellowing slightly, and was republished in1950.
The reason for me wanting to value these books, is I am down sizing and was going to give/ throw them away, but maybe, I would be able to sell to a collector.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Your first book Awful disclosures of Maria Monk was first published in 1836 your copy with the reddish cover was printed in 1870 and has a value of $30.00 to $55.00 US dollars, the next set The National Encyclopedia are valued at $150.00 to $225.00 US dollars depending on condition, The next set The romance of nature $48.00 US dollars for the 4 volumes, The next set the world of children $32.00 US dollars for the 4 volumes. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike..If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer" OK SERVICE " or higher so I will be compensated by JustAnswerfor helping you.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your books? Thanks Mike
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your books? Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi Barbara, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your books? Thanks Mike
.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.