Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a Savoy Hotel Cocktail Shaker looks like silver plate

Hi I have a Savoy Hotel Cocktail Shaker looks like silver plate (heavy) inscription on the bottom SAVOY HOTEL, 1PT in a little chase, below. W&H in a flag under which a capital L in a chase, then walker&shall Sheffield in a chase under that it is (5 Court) then a small 5 under that. Please can anyone give me any info like age if it is plate? There is a deep engraved Crest with Crown over and Swag underneath with Savoy Hotel on it. Please help? Is it worth anything or junk? Many thanks. Bob Wyatt. BATH.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
This is hotel silver plate made by Walker and Hall of Sheffield, England in 1929. Hotel silver was always made a bit heavier for aggressive use in a busy setting. This art deco cocktail shaker from the Savoy Hotel in London has a value of 55.00 GBP.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks, ***** ***** common outside the Hotel? I had two silver plate knee length boot spirit measures with white ceramic inners with it, they have marks under on the soles as well, very unusual? Bob.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the category of hotel ware as collectibles is not a high-end endeavor as these types of items were made en masse and are not worth a great deal.The spirit measures are called Grenadier Boots and are silver plate, usually measuring 1 ounce and 1/5 ounces. These were also plentifully made. These have a value of 25GBP.Please do click the stars to rate me so that the site will compensate me for my time, thank you.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
I see that you have read my answer.Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate.If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.