Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine & Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA, USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a painting by Charles burton barber called breakfast

Customer Question

Hi I have a painting by Charles burton barber called breakfast in bed ,how do I know if it's the real painting. It was left in my Ann's will in 1973 with a Victorian newspaper in the back of the picture .thankyou.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, This image was printed by publishers extensively after it was first done in 1894 and in general, original paintings would not have paper backing. The medium is likely a chromolithograph. On today's market, depending on size this sells for an average of $40 - $100. You are welcome to send me photos if you like, and that will not cost you extra. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i send you a picture