ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

I was given a freemason sign in solid silver about 5" high-it's

Customer Question

I was given a freemason sign in solid silver about 5" high-it's mark is 'Kenning and sons,London'.
Do you know if this is old ? There's no date on it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes Kenning was a Freemason himself. Kenning realised the potential of the market: he not only manufactured the costume but sold a range of products from his shops across Britain. He set up a mail order business which operated across the British Empire and was keen to develop new markets in the USA. He became a media magnate and advertised in his own widely read newspaper: The Freemason He even extended the brand by becoming closely involved in developing new Masonic orders all of which needed special costumes and props. The piece would date from 1900 to 1905. This mark was used (1895-1937). I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike.If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you..
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your free mason sign? Thanks Mike
Hi , I was wondering if you need further assistance with your free mason sign? Thanks Mike.If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.