Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have fish knife and fork set, the markings are all of

Customer Question

Hi I have fish knife and fork set, the markings are all of italic type letters which are in there own boxes about six or seven of them do you know what these represent!!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you have any photos of the marking you may be able to send? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to***@******.*** with ATTNCustomerin the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time, Frank
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Frank,

Many thanks for getting back so soon' I will take a few shots tonight and send them over tomorrow if that is ok!!

Bill Duncan.

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Not a problem Bill,Look forward to hearing from you.Frank
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Quick question Frank Is it worth me polishing these items if the box is anything to go on they are very old so I think they need cleaning!!

Billy.

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Let me take a look first before I answer that. Normally I would say yes, butt would like to make sure.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cheers Frank,

Will do.

Billy.

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Morning Frank.

Would you have an e.mail address I can forward the pics to from my I phone!!!

Billy

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
***@******.***
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just sent you some pics via my I phone Frank,

Bill Duncan.

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Bill. As soon as customer service sends those over, I can get cracking on the evaluation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cheers Frank,

If we don't chat later have a great weekend and hopefully we will chat Monday,

Regards,

Billy.

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Sounds Great Bill.Take care and do the same.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Frank.

Did you manage to view the images I sent over last week!!

Billy.

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Just took a look. Tough to make out the letters in that font, can you see them in person any better?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Frank,

It appears to read ih lb & ih with a star shape!!

Billy

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Excellent.Well we were close, it is actually H B & H which stands for Harrison Brothers and Howson of Sheffield, England and would date circa 1880's.The Victorian fish knife and fork set is silver-plated as opposed to solid silver. From the photo the carving set appears to have a celluloid handle. In the current market your Fish set would have a replacement value of 80-90GBP in tip top shape. If you were interested in polishing the set, it would not detract from the resale value.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for your time and courtesy Frank it has been a pleasure dealing with you!! Very professional. I will leave the relevant feed back

Bill Duncan.

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Thanks ,Just glad we could get those marks sorted for you. Have a great week,Frank