ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

I have discovered a painting hidden behind a picture, the painting

I have discovered a painting hidden behind a picture, the painting is by Featherstone
robson and is about early morning Scarborough It is very old'
Canyou help?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Featherstone Robson, He was born in 1880 in Hexham, Northumberland and died 1936 in Toronto. He's been exhibited in galleries such as the Royal Academy of London. He typically signed his worth as either F Robson or used his full name. Is the picture you have a painting or water color? If you could post a picture of your picture and one of his signature I can give you and accurate value plus what condition is the painting in?. Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

..Hello thank you for answering The picture is in very good condition The backing paper is brown with age but otherwise excellent condition

.The picture is sign.ed R Robson as is the mounting also .signed

is.it showing a seaside shore possibly welcoming fishing boats back

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I dont know how to.send you a picture

Hi, Thank you yes these were prints of his work done in the early 1900's, his originals did not have the mounting signed it would have been just the picture with no mounting but still are very collectible on average his prints range from good condition $60.00 US dollars to excellent condition $125.00 US dollars. Thanks Mike