Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a small saucer shaped bowl decorated with floral emblems

I have a small saucer shaped bowl decorated with floral emblems and pictorial scenes. The mark on the bottom is a decorative capital R. Any idea what it might be?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
Please add a photo of the bowl and the mark on the bottom. You can do this by using the ADD FILES button towards the bottom right of your screen.The site will send a premature prompt to rate me. Refrain from rating me until I have had a chance to see the photos and fully answer your question, thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I hope I've got the photos to you.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
I got the front, now try one more for the back.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot find your answer so I can't give you a rating
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
I have not finished answering you yet. I was waiting for one photo of the mark in addition to the one photo of the front that you added.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have tried to send you the reverse side several times. If you are still not getting it then it is the fault of the web site. It is difficult for me to know if I have been successful............
Expert:  Rarewares replied 2 years ago.
It came through that time, thank you!This is an Augustus Rex (AR mark on bottom) of Dresden, Germany saucer for a demitasse cup. While the earliest AR marks date to 1723, this one is a mark that dates to the mid to late 1800's. This saucer has a value of $40.00.