Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in decorative arts especially ceramics, silver, paintings, and furniture.
63759197

Chinese.brolly.vase.taperd.four.sided.each.side.pictured.d

Customer Question

chinese.brolly.vase.taperd.four.sided.each.side.pictured.diferntly.empress.being.carried.in.high.throne...second.side.the.cermoney.of.granting.a.contract...a.man.with.tiger.etc..each.side.has.old.chinese.character
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your umbrella vase. It sounds interesting.Could you very kindly attach photos including one of the entire bottom (whether there are marks or not) as there are often important clues there that help with age and origin.Also, how tall is it?Once you have the photos in your computer you can attach them simply by clicking on the paperclip icon (located above the text box where you are typing to me).Many thanks and wait to hear,Robert PS. Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer, ignore them, they are automatically generated by the site (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back and forth and information gathering) and don't come from me. Thanks, R.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks.for.your.response.as.i.have.into.computers.resently.i.have.learn.asi,go.on.height.18inches..base.5.inches.square.tapers.upto6.5inch.curves.in.an.arc.4in.andout.to5.5inch....i.shall.endever.to.do.as.you.ask
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HAVING.TROUBLE.WITH.THE.TRANSFERE.PICTURES
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me with the dimensions, that helps.

As far as photos are concerned, if it's any easier, you can email them to me. The only email that works is:

[email protected]

Mark the email for my attention, Robert S. in the Antiques category otherwise they won't know who to send it to. I work "on" rather than "for" the site as an independent agent so all emails have to go through a third party to protect everyone's privacy. It may take up to 24 hours, but I'll let you know as soon as I see it this end.

Many thanks and wait to hear,
Robert