Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Coffee/tea pots with milk jug and sugar bowl. Walker and hall.

Coffee/tea pots with milk jug and sugar bowl. Walker and hall. Silver plated. All stamped with 17103. What can I find out about them please
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Please add a photo of the mark on the bottom of one piece and a photo of the set. This will help me to accurately date and value the set. You can add pictures by using the ADD FILES button on the lower right of your screen. I will answer once I have seen photos.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tray has a different number on the back but is still Walker & Hall.
I haven't cleaned the pieces and the tray has scratches on it.
I have sent 3 photos. First of bottom of one of the pots. Second of the service together on the tray. Last of the mark on the tray (if my computer skills have worked)
***** *****
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

The tray is from 1930 -1950 when the type 4 shield and letter system was used for date codes. Yours has a s in this shape, so the tray dates to the mid 1940's. The word A1 represents electro plated silver.

The set is an art deco tea set with no date code marks, however the flag and wording used on the bottom helps to date the set to the mid to late 1930's. The set has a value of $275 to $350 with the tray.