Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a George 111 silver pierced fish slice with ivory handle

I have a George 111 silver pierced fish slice with ivory handle - the identifying marks look like Samuel Godbehere
I have seen various items for sale on line or sold - could you please offer a valuation approximate at auction and reserve.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Please add a photo of the piece and of the marks on the piece using the ADD FILES button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the pictures are not of the best quality, but the best I can manage. The item has an ivory handle, has not been cleaned so is not really shiny at the moment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what I am doing, have you received or do I need to resend?
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.
The photos are here, thank you. Research for price comparisons take time.This is a Godbehere and Wigan of London, England sterling silver and ivory fish slice that is dated 1793 (George III period) . The value of this piece at auction would be $300 to $400, but please keep in mind that many online sites have banned the sale of ivory even in antique items.Please do click the stars to rate me as a positive rating is the only way the site compensates me for my time and knowledge.