Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have recently been given a pottery serving dish or trencher.

I have recently been given a pottery serving dish or trencher. It looks Victorian and has smal transfer printed pictures of 'The Birthplace of Burns' and a sailing ship. It is decorated with a vase of roses and brightly coloured birds. The mark on the reverse is a round belt with the Initials F & R on the belt and the word Kyle inside the loop. Below the belt, in a rectangle is Rd. No.8469. There is an impressed mark in the pottery which is difficult to read but I can make out three numbers 170..
I have been unable to find the maker of this piece and wonder if you can shed any light on it.
Thanks in anticipation
Jim Johnstone
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer Jim,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you have any photos of the maker's marking you may be able to send? There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to***@******.*** with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,Frank
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  Frank replied 2 years ago.
Thanks very much for sending over those photos. Your ironstone platter would have been produced by Ford and Riley, Burslem, Staffordshire, England circa 1887 in the Kyle pattern. The platter which does have some crazing to it would have a current retail market value of 35-45GBP in good to excellent condition. I hope this information was helpful to you today.Best of luck with your antique platter .Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.Thank You,FrankPlease let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.