Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

We have a rare first edition James Joyce. We live in Australia. We would like to sell it.

We have a rare first edition James Joyce. We live in Australia. We would like to sell it. What would you suggest? Internet (which site?, or an auction house like Christies. Thanks, Tom
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. EVEN IF YOU GET EMAILS PROMPTING A RATING. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me. . Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you. .Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal. What book is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ulysses - one of the first 100 signed by the author. The Bodley Head. Binding by Eric Gill

Who published your copy?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

John Lane The Bodley Head

Hello,The Book is quite expensive, it has an estimated value of 60,000.00-70,000.00 with the potential to sell much higher. I recommend you list this with a larger auction house. Such as Christies, Sotheby's, Bonhmas, PBA Galleries, Bloomsbury Auctions, you also have Sidney Rare Book Auctions and Lawson's Auctions. There is also Michael Treloar, Treloar.com, in Adelaide Australia. These would be your best bet for getting the most for your book. You could list it your self on Ebay, I am just not sure you would draw the right people who would pay this. Any of these should be able to help you. .If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job. . If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.. Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively. .You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know. . Thank you so much! Glenda .
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** the 60,000 estimate in British Pounds?

Thanks,

Tom