Doris
Doris, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years.Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

What are Michael Cadman watercolour paintings worth?

Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.When assessing an artist's work, appraisers must look at sales of works by the same artist. Art gallery sales prices are private.We must then go to auction sales prices which are public. When using comparable work by the same artist, medium, subject matter and size are factors to be considered.Appraisers most often use price per square inch of previously sold comparable works by the same artist as a measure of value.Please tell me the sight dimensions of your painting not including the mat and frame? Kind regards,DorisPS: Meanwhile, please don't rate me until you get a full appraisal and a value from me. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.Thanks, Doris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted a one off idea of prices. I have cancelled my subscription. I was happy to pay a one off fee but do not want to be paying regularly for a service I will not use on a regular basis
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.
I am prepared to give you prices.Please know that we verified professionals are not employees. We ha no control over the finances of the site.I suggest you try the following -Site Trouble -This is what I have been told by representatives of the site:"Customers can experience issues with the site, their computer, their knowledge of how to use the internet, etc.Anytime a customer is having trouble with the site, please indicate to them that they can go to http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for assistance. They have an option in the upper right corner for contacting the Customer Service department via email, chat, or phone. Customer service is trained to assist them, and to report any customer-facing issues that may be site-related."Or phone -US/Canada 1.***-***-****Available 6am to 9pm PST International Australia 1800-679-634New Zealand 0800-452-621United Kingdom 0***-***-****The rest of the world 1-***-***-****Address for customer support.http://ww2.justanswer.com/helpKind regards,DorisPS - please do not rate this answer. I am trying to help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I understand. Have no intention of rating, just wanted a one off not subscription. I have cancelled and will try Customer Services to get clarification. Obviously you should be paid on not rated on the site management.paintings are approx 65cm X 40cmKind regards,John
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.
If you decide not to cancel, please come back here.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've not cancelled my payment of £26 just my ongoing subscription. I trust therefore that an opinion will be forthcoming.John
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.
When assessing an artist's work, appraisers must look at sales of works by the same artist. Art gallery sales prices are private.We must then go to auction sales prices which are public. When using comparable work by the same artist, medium, subject matter and size are factors to be considered.Appraisers most often use price per square inch of previously sold comparable works by the same artist as a measure of value.Using this method, I was able to determine an auction value range of $400-450 for your Cadman watercolor. This means a retail art gallery would charge $950-1200 for your Michael Cadman watercolor. A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you. Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.Kind regards.Doris
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Fast or what!!! That's exactly what I wanted to know Doris. As I said I was happy to make a one off payment for your advice. and will rate you as 5*. I did not want a recurring monthly subscription to JA and this has been cancelled. Many thanks for your prompt expert advice.Kind regards,***** *****
Expert:  Doris replied 2 years ago.

Understood, John.

Thank you so much for the positive rating. If you have questions in the future, please request me by typing “Doris” at the first of the question.

Thank you again.