ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

Silver cased fob watch Makers Initials R H J

Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. R H J is the maker of the case Robert ***** ***** out of London there should be a date letter by the RHJ. If you could please post photos of the front, back & movement of the watch I can give you an accurate value. Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****. I am no expert in close photography. I have taken front and back but they are poor pictures. My camera is only an ordinary digital shop device. I am unable to open the inner back of the case to expose the workings. I don't know how to send the two photos to you on your web site I can send them by ordinary email if you give me an address and reference which will arrive in your dept. I am well over 90 and suffer all the failings of my generation. Please advise. H G Meredith Email ***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not interested in the value more when the watch was made to be obtained by external markings.
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 year ago.
Hi H G Meredith, That is fine I can tell you that the watch was made in between 1853 & 1869 and the case is sterling silver. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike.If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.