Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

Glenda, I have had 20 years two copies of 'The Autobiography of the l

Hi Glenda,
I have had for over 20 years two copies of 'The Autobiography of the late Sir Andries Stockenstrom'. This was a limited edition of only 750 copies and I have numbers 405 and 681. They are a 1964 reproduction by C.Struik of the original 1887 edition, both in hardback and are in excellent condition. Can you tell me anything about them and if they are of value as I would like to sell?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is***** will be happy to help you.. PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. EVEN IF YOU GET EMAILS PROMPTING A RATING. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I've submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me. . Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you. .Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal. Can you tell me the exact titles, the publishing dates and the publishers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Glenda,Thanks for explaining how the site works, very helpful.The information you require is as follows:Title: The Autobiography of the Late Sir Andries StockenstromPublishing date: 1964 (Facsimile reproduction of the 1887 edition)Publisher: C.Struik - Cape Town (Africana Specialist and Publisher)As stated earlier, this is a limited edition of 750 copies and I have numbers 405 and 681.RegardsElaine
Hello, You are welcome..This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars! The Books, The Autobiography of the Late Sir Andries Stockenstrom Publishing date: 1964 have an estimated value on the current market for an average of $125.00-130.00 each, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in a Book Store or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally. . Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up..You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item. . If you have any further questions or problem about your answer, please reply to me before deciding to leave a negative rating, which does effect my job. . If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name ( Glenda ) at the beginning of your question.. Please keep in mind I am only compensated from the site for my answer, if you rate me positively. .You do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see on your answer! Please let me know if you rate this answer, if it did not go through then I can take appropriate measures to make sure I am credited for this. Thanks for letting me know. . Thank you so much! Glenda
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques Appraiser
Experience: 40+ yrs. experience buying and selling antiques as a collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Glenda,

That was really helpful advice and information and I will definitely investigate the selling options you have suggested.

Best wishes

Elaine